Dec 14, 2007

Abby's Christmas Performance!

Last night Abby's kindergarten class had their little Christmas Performance and it was the cutest thing ever! Her teacher is the wonderful and fabulous Mrs. Hylton that deserves the praise I hear about her from other parents whos kids have been in her class in the past... she is AMAZING! If only everyone was as sweet, softspoken, kind and in control of these 5 & 6 year olds as she is... this world would be SO much better! Anyway... Abby had been secretly practicing her dances and songs for weeks and tonight we got to see it all in action!
Aunt Janne, Uncle Jason & our favorite little Claire Bear came too along with me, Brenna & Grandma Diane. It was really cute and well worth it! I just hope Janna & Jay agree since it snowed the whole time... they were troopers to come though and we appreciate it!


Here's Abby in her Christmas dress all ready to go!


Here's her whole class... she's in the middle on the top row singing her little heart out.


Abby is curled up in a ball on the ground while her friend Emma is the fairy in the Nutcracker performance! The kids fell in love with this story in their class and did the cutest dance to the music! It was adorable!


And this picture is of the finale, and it was the best part of the whole show for me! Each of the kids painted a picture that went along with a particular part of the song "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong and it was the cutest thing ever!
In the end Mrs. Hylton commented on how important it is to remember what a wonderful world we do live in and I couldn't agree more!
Abby did an awesome job and I'm so proud of her!
Grandma Diane even commented that Abby looked like a little Shirley Temple up there with all her facial expressions... which Abby will take as a huge compliment I'm sure because she loves Shirley Temple!

3 comments:

Janna said...

It was really a cute performance- the ending was my favorite also! Abby you did awesome!!!!

Amy said...

Abby Jane you look darling! I hear someone has a video of it - can't wait to see! Good job Abby!

Jodi Leishman said...

I love watching the kids performances. Yeah for teachers!