Nov 6, 2007

Abby's birthday fun!

It's true- I am somehow old enough to have a 6 year old. I know, despite my ageless beauty and non-grey hair and non-wrinkled face... Abby Jane is 6 years old!
She had her first "friend" party yesterday afternoon and we pretended to be pirates! Abby has more boy friends than girl friends and she is always so worried about when boys come over to p lay--- she always tells me to It was a fun party and Aunt Janna came down to help me wrangle the troops--- 8 kids age 6 and under isn't always my most favorite situation, but we handled it pretty well I think. Anyway- here's some pics from the big event! My blog has some other pics from earlier in the day: http://www.debracarlton.blogspot.com/

Here's the invitation--- Janna and I had way too much fun burning the edges!


And luckily I had Janna around with her lovely cupcake making abilities and beautiful presentation!

Mom and Abbers hanging out before the party started.

Janna brought a life-sized number "6" balloon for Abby! It's way cool!

Abby got a visit from our favorite babysitter Krosbi before the party too! We love Krosbo!

Quinten was the first to arrive... he's such a fun kid!


And here are the pirate party goers (minus Baylee):
Sierra, Abby, Ty, Jake, Taren & Quin

Swinging in the backyard with Baylee & Quin.

Abby playing with her new Hannah Montana microphone
(stay tuned for new post that involves this!)

Opening presents with her friends...

It was a great day and again, I'm still in shock that I could have a 6 year old, but I guess I'll have to face the reality of it!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Abby! What a fun party! I love the pirate theme!!!!

Amy said...

Wow! You guys did such a great job with the party! Cute, cute, cute!!
Happy Birthday Abby!!

Unknown said...

wow, I thought I saw boys in those pictures.......

Jodi Leishman said...

Happy Birthday Abs!! What a fun party. I love pirate things.

Donna Schauers said...

Happy Birthday Abby
Love Brandon

Donna Schauers said...

Ahoy maties! What a fun bash!! Wish we could have been there for one of thos tasty cupcakes. Great job Mom!!! (and helpers!)